Saturday, May 23, 2009

Presentations and PD updates

It's amazing how much I miss blogging on this each day. The past two weeks back at school have been busy catching students up on work not handed in during my absence. The Birth Order Research collaborative writing I have used in my Year 10 and Year 9 classes has already started to work. One student handed in 500 words of accurate and clearly argued writing and I have not had more than two paragraphs from him previously. Very happy. The two Year 10 classes have responded well although are a bit more suspicious about being given the freedom to mark each other's work. There was a burst of enthusiasm when we wrote the "What makes Good Writing" checklist. Definitely not used to that at this grade level! One Grade 10 student is patiently showing me how to use the wiki I have set up. I've prepared some ideas on how to improve the delivery of PD to staff for Curriculum Team and I have asked that the English teachers and I get an hour or two together at the end of term so that I can show them the new ideas for English curriculum before next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment