Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reading strategies deficit at University level


Met with my family member whose a linguistics expert at Cal State and teachings student teachers and she discussed with me the deficit she sees in the ability to read complex texts and determine the author's voice as separate from another quoted source. This links back to the lack of focus on informational texts in our classrooms. Misty also directed me to look at the use of the word "Dude" and compare it to our "Mate" - that's Monday's lessons planned then! I'm off to search "Dude Budweiser campaign" on Youtube before cabbing out to the airport. The sun may be setting on the research trip, but in a way the journey is just beginning to communicate everything I have learnt and put it into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment